Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Family Traditions


I love family traditions, from special recipies to ways we celebrate the holidays.  One of our favorite family traditions that Todd & I started when we got married was making his Grandma Armstrong's homemade fresh strawberry cake for ALL birthdays!  My dad and I were sitting outside eating her cake for Mackenzie's birthday and I told dad that we should add cream cheese to the icing to give it a better taste! so I did and it made the icing creamy and great!!! 

Todd's sister gave me a taste book gift certificate for Christmas.........great gift :) I'm gathering up all my favorite family recipies and I'm going to put them all in a cookbook that that can be passed down for generation to generation.  I love to cook so when I'm done with this, it should big pretty big! can't wait for the finished product.  I think every family should have a special cookbook of all their favorite recipies........so....get started http://www.tastebook.com/  Hope you all enjoy.  Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh! Meme's cake!!!! To. Die. For! Do you decorate it with the strawberry's too, like she did?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. no but I will have to start, we are going to change it up for Memorial Day and I am going to make it with peaches :)

    ReplyDelete